Please contact us at:
- Learn LESCO (Costa Rican Sign Language) and connect with DDW’s partner deaf association, Asociación Nacional de Sordos de Costa Rica (ANASCOR)
- Enjoy options to White-water Raft, Kayak, or Waterfall Trek
- Explore Arenal Volcano, Arenal Lake and the surrounding thermal springs
- Canopy Tour and Zip-line through the rainforest
- Visit an organic eco farm, spending the morning with a local farmer
- Travel to the renowned Monteverde Cloud Forest region to explore the jungle canopy
- Enjoy R&R at Manuel Antonio Beach and National Park – home to exceptional diversity in jungle plant and animal life
- Meet with deaf students and teachers at Fernando Centeno Guell deaf school in San Jose
On this DDW Journey to Costa Rica, you will meet the members of a grassroots team of local Deaf leaders who aim to improve education, employment and human rights for Deaf people in Costa Rica. Come learn about the importance of local efforts to implement the United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities and provide outreach efforts to empower Deaf youth in rural parts of Costa Rica.
"DDW provided barrier free communication to all Deaf and Hard of Hearing travelers. A rare gem! Outstanding job and I am proud to be a part of the “pioneer” DDW Journeys group!"